As a small business owner, it is important that you watch your bottom line. You don’t want to spend hundreds to thousands of dollars just to jump on the latest marketing bandwagon. What you need to do is to stretch your budget in advertising to its maximum value. And, that is exactly what vehicle graphics or car wraps can do for you!
Car graphics are custom-designed coverings that wrap your vehicle partially or totally. They are typically printed on heavy vinyl and professionally installed over your car’s original paint. They serve as moving billboards to get people to notice your company and know your offerings. With the number of marketing strategies available, are they a good investment for your small business?
Think about this: According to the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA), over 95% of Americans are reached by advertising that targets vehicle passengers and drivers. That is a massive percentage!
Vehicle graphics are not only for companies with large vehicle fleets. They can work for any size of business. They also give small businesses credibility by allowing them to display their logo and brand, where potential customers can see them. They put small businesses in the same level leagues as the larger franchises and companies.
Here are other reasons why car wraps are a great investment for small businesses:
- When it comes to getting a brand in front of customers, nothing will beat vehicle wraps. A wrapped vehicle receives between 30,000 and 70,000 impressions per day. With a life span of up to 10 years, you can expect them to be seen at least 50 million times. That is half the number of people who watch Super Bowl advertisements – for a fraction of the cost of a 30-sec commercial.
- An average full wrap costs about $3000 and buys you a 24/7 promotion for at least 5 years. Compared to a billboard, which costs roughly the same, more people will be able to see it.
- First Impressions. People are exposed to immeasurable marketing messages every day, making it more difficult to get their attention. The artwork of your wraps creates a positive image of your company without the need for interaction or hard sale pitches. Turning your vehicle to a mobile billboard is no doubt a sound strategy.
Compared to other forms of advertising car wraps reaches more consumers at a lower cost. While newspaper ads cost around $20 per thousand impressions, car graphics are only about 4 cents. That is still lower than the $4 per thousand impressions of outdoor signs. So, how effective are these wraps? Here are three ways to find out:
- Create a landing page for your website and place the URL on the wrap.
- Provide a separate phone number for your advertised wraps.
- Advertise a special deal only on the wrapped car.
When choosing a URL, make sure it’s simple so drivers and passengers will easily remember it. Then, keep track of the calls from your advertised wraps. This way, you can track their effectiveness.